At the most basic level, the term “all-inclusive resort” refers to a vacation concept or type of resort that includes your room plus meals and drinks, including alcoholic beverages, for one upfront price.
The all-inclusive plan is an extremely popular way to vacation that eliminates a lot of budgeting, worry, concern and planning during your actual trip. The idea is that you pay one price up front which includes all of your meals and drinks.
This, in turn, allows you to fully relax and unwind during your vacation at the resort. You can eat what you like, order as many drinks as you want by the pool, and never concern yourself with paying a bill throughout your stay. This type of resort plan allows for the convenience of not having to carry around a bunch of money or fearing it going missing while you’re out having fun.
Choosing the all-inclusive resort plan will relieve you of a lot of excess anxiety and worry, allowing you to fully experience your vacation as you should.
Of course, there is so much more to the all-inclusive resort concept.
What’s included in an all-inclusive resort?
Many resorts include a host of inclusions – things like entertainment, activities such as excursions, golf, equipment rentals, premium amenities and more.
The quality of the inclusions can vary greatly between resorts. For instance, one all-inclusive resort may include “all meals and drinks” but it may be that most meals are at buffets, and included alcohol is limited to a small selection of beer, wine and non-premium liquors.
Whereas other all-inclusive resorts include multiple upscale a la carte dining venues that you can choose from and include top shelf liquors, premium imported beers and high-end wines. Hence, it is extremely important that you research each all-inclusive resort and the associated all-inclusive vacation plan options.
Even within a single all-inclusive resort, there are oftentimes multiple options to choose from regarding the level of service, dining inclusions, activity inclusions and more. And these options are often tied to the room category that you book, meaning that a room upgrade is often much more than simply a nicer room or view – it can mean some serious upgrades in the level of perks that come along with the room. For example, some all-inclusive resorts offer room upgrades that come with such amenities as private swim-up pools, butler service, exclusive lounges, expanded room service options and more.
Where are the best all-inclusive resorts?
The moderate type of all-inclusive resort usually has a star rating of 3.5 or 4 stars like the Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana in Punta Cana and Royal Solaris Cancun Resort Marina and Spa in Cancun. A step above that is the upscale type of all-inclusive resort which is usually a 4.5-star resort such as Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun in Cancun or Majestic Elegance in Punta Cana.
- All-Inclusive refers to a resort concept where an upfront price includes your room, all meals, drinks (including alcoholic beverages), tips or gratuities, and oftentimes entertainment and activities.
- The all-inclusive plan inclusions can vary greatly by resort and even by room category within a resort.
- There are likely premium upgraded “clubs” or buildings within an all-inclusive resort that include upgraded amenities, dining options and service levels.
- Many times resorts feature quiet “adults only” areas. Imagine a relaxing, quieter pool area free of exuberant noise and commotion associated with children playing.
- Other areas within a resort cater to children and host arts and craft activities, splash pad play areas, playgrounds, water slides, sprinklers and more.
- Some resorts feature truly unique service, amenities and experiences such as personal butler assignments, swim-up suites with private pools (including privacy fences,) premium “club-level” dining options and buffets within the building and other premium club-level access.
In summary, the term “all-inclusive resort” refers to booking a resort that includes meals, drinks, activities, and entertainment. However, the quality of those items and the level of service to go along with them can vary greatly. Do your research, pick the best plan for you, and, of course: book it. BookIt.com has expert agents that are happy to answer your questions and assist you in finding the perfect all-inclusive resort.